Friday, January 9, 2009


Alright so I left off the night they transfered Kailey to the London Children's Hospital. After my mom and I arrived it took us over and hour to find where she was and then we had to wait for another half and hour before we could see her. She is what was called the PCCU: Paediatric Critical Care unit. As soon I saw the sign my heart sunk was even more scared to death. I forgot to mention in the last post, that when Kailey was born she was only 4lbs 15oz a very tint baby for her gestational age, I had at 39 and half weeks. So anways we were buzzed into the critical care unit and a nurse showed was Kailey was. She was in a tiny little incubtor with wires hanging out of everywhere. But I was glad to know that the nurse on Duty only had a Kailey as a patient and she would be right there. Of course we never thought about where we were going stay or anything so by this time it was around 2am so we decided to crash in the waiting room which was very unconfortable since I just had a C-section. 7am came very quickly and we back up waiting to be buzzed to hear of any news about the surgery. Turns out Kailey did not require surgery on her brain but they were extremely worried about her enlarged out and the difficulty she had breathing. I kept a journal the entire time we were in London so I think I will write them out on here.

October 18/06 (kailey 3 days old): Kailey had a pretty good day today she seemed to stable. My mom and I were able to get a room at the Ronald McDonald House which is the hospital property. I was able to hold her today but not for very long and change her Diaper. I was really nervous about giving her a bath with all of the wires so I watch this time and learned how so that next time I could be the one to bath her. I noticed Kailey had really taken a liking to the soother but couldn't handle the bottle so she had an ng tubes placed in her. I am pupming breast milk at this point which I am finding really hard to do.

October 19/06(4days old): Today was Kailey's sctual due date and again another good day but we still don't have any answers as to what is happening. All they could tell me was her heart was enlarged she had a chance of going inot congestive heart failure, her sugar levels were still really low as well as her potassium levels and they have no idea why. I was able to feed Kailey her bottle today oh man what an expeirence. Also today was the first time she had sleepers on, yeah no more naked baby!+

October 20/06(5 days old): I went down to the emergency department today to have my staples removed from the c-section and was told I had a massive infection and ended up spending most of the day away from Kailey which mad me very sad. I couldn't stop crying. The doctor's decided that home care would come to the Ronald McDonald house everyday to pack my incision and tlet it heal from the inside out. Holy painful!!!!!

This all I have time post for now but will continue on a little later on, hopefully today!

No comments:

Post a Comment