Monday, January 12, 2009

October 28, 2006: Michael came up for the weekend and we had Kailey Baptized by Father Blondie. Kailey was still on the c-pap machine so we couldn't put in her a gown but the hospital had a nice lace cloth that we were able to place over her. All of our families were there and Mike's mom Grandma "B" brought up a cake that said Congratulations Kailey and we gave some to the staff that was on that day. Kailey was so good the whole ceromony she didn't cry once. Father Blondie gave us baptizimal certificate and we all went out for brunch. It was actually really nice. A little later on the day Kailey was able to come off the c-pap machine and was just on oxygen nasal prongs. She is a little more pink and looked so much better from the previous 48 hours.
October 29, 2006: Kailey is starting make a little progress, but the Doctor's are still very worried as they still do not have any idea what is going on. They have told me that right now she is a medical mystery. Mike went back home today, it's so hard every time he leaves. I miss him so much and I worry about him being home alone all time.
October 30, 2006: My mom took me shopping today at the White Oaks Mall for some new clothes and shoes. She said she is sick of what I was wearing. But I didn't think were were going to be here this long so I packed minimal. Anyways Kailey looked so much better. Her Great Uncle Ray and Great Aunt Patti came up for a visit today and it was very nice, Kailey opened her eyes and was looking around for almost an hour before she fell back asleep. However we did get some news from the neurologist today. He said the cat scan they did on Kailey's brain showed some very abnormal brain activity and what that exactly means for her he doesn't know. I asked him if she was going to die and looked right at me and said" Babies are born to survive it's what they do!" Later that night I cried alot and my mom was there crying with me.
Ocotber 31, 2006(16 day old): Happy Halloween to Kailey! It's her first Holiday! If we were back at home I would have dressed her in a piglet or sweet pea outfit but instead we put an orange pumpkin hat on her. She was very cute. The nurses said I would be able to hold Kailey in the afternoon and I was so excited it had been almost a week angain since the last night I held her. And so when the afternoon came I was able to snuggle her in my arms while my mom and sister in law Tracy watched on. The nurses gave her a bath I fed her a bottle and we said goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment