Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 8, 2009

Hi everyone! So it was suggested to me by one of my family members that I should start up one these. not only would it keep family and friends updated but maybe my story might help another family out. Also who knows might be theraputic for me to put some of this out there.

My story begins about 3 years ago in January 2006 when I found I was pregnant. It was such a happy day. My husband and I had been trying for 3 years to have a baby and I was strarting to loose hope hat I wouldn't be able to concieve on my own. But that special finally arrived. We were so overjoyed and overwhelmed it was the most amazing feeling to know that I had little person growing inside of me. I had few scares during my pregnancy but nothing more than a scared forst time mom who was worried. Other than that it was pretty unremarkable. The day we found out that "it" was a girl I wanted to go out and buy everything pink. Near the end my husband painted the nursery and we put the finishing touches on and then it was time to wait.... I went into False labour on October 4th, 2006. I had steady contractions that were 3 minutes apart so off we headed to the hospital. After an overnight stay nothing happened and we were sent home to wait for real labour to begin. I have to tell you that every Docotor's appointment went fine and everything always seemed to be great there were no concerns or issues. I was messuring the way I was supposed to and gained the usual 25 pounds. Fast Forward to Friday Ocotber 13th, 2006. I woke up that morning not feeling the greatest and could barley feel the baby move but I really though nothing of it becuase she more active at night time anyways. So the next day when I woke I could feel hre kicking but it felt week and just didn't feel right. That night I started to throw up and had really bad back pain and still couldn't feel her moving, it had been hours, so back up to the hodpital we went and they put me on a fetal monitor. After a couple of hours the nurse came in and said "Well your not in Labour we are prpbably going to send you home after the Doctor checks you out". I thought to myself I know I am not in labour but I can't feel my baby moving. So the O.B came in checked the monitor and a worried look came over his face, he said the baby a low resting heart rate and that I would need a C-section becuase he didn't think the baby would be able to tolerate natural birth. So I was preped for surgery and scared to death. Kailey Heather Carey was Born on Ocotber 15, 2006 at 1:15am. They quickly lifted her up over the blue svreen to show her to me and she was a bluish grey colour and was not crying, they quickly took her out of the room and had to recessitate her. It would not be until 12 hours later that I was able to see her but not touch her and to find out what was going on. Kailey had been born with very low sugars and a heart defect and they had no idea why or what happened. 2 Days later the Paediatrician and a NICU Nurse took me and Mike into a small conference room, sat us down and told us the most heart wrenching news I have ever heard in my etire life up until lath point. Kailey had water on her brain and would require surgery that couldn't be done through the hospital we were staying at and they wouldhave to Transfer her to "Level 3" child care hospital but that she would be able to come back to our local hospital for recovery. That night a special team from the London Childrens Hospital came down to Brantford to pick her up. I was not allowed to go with her I had to follow behind. But I still hadn't held my baby yet and I couldn't stop crying. All I wanted to do was let her know that her mamma was there for her and loved her and everything was going to be ok. So Before they took away I was allowed to cuddle her for about 15 minutes. Then I had to wait to be discharged actually I had to sign myself out so that I could to London to be with her. I was on some pretty heavy meds when I left and could barley walk let alone drive an hour away so my mom came and picked me up and we drove together to London a very rainy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment